Thursday 29 January 2015

Navibus!

The Christmas lights in Madrid were all aglow and I was desperate to go on a photography spree when somebody at work told me about the Navibus. An open topped bus weaves its way in a big loop around the city passing all the main landmarks like Gran Vía, La Puerta de Alcala and Plaza de Cibeles. This being Madrid the tickets for a 50 minute round trip only cost 2 euros each! If it had been London I know we would have paid at least £10. Cat and I hopped up to the top deck all wrapped up in scarves and hats against the cold and I had my camera at the ready.
 
 
 I thought I'd try something a bit different and make a video this time so here goes:
 
 

 
 Afterwards we wanted to go for a hot chocolate to warm up and ended up walking past this lovely little book shop.
 
 
We were searching for a particular coffee shop that Cat had walked past before and thought looked really cool (apparently people were drinking out of glass jars...). But try as we might we couldn't find it and after getting turfed out of another café as it was closing time we started back towards the metro. After a few minutes, however, we found another place that was thankfully open and managed to order two cups of hot chocolate. In Spain when you ask for hot chocolate you are given a cup of melted chocolate (if you want the stuff we have in England you have to ask for Colacao) but that's exactly what we wanted after such a cold evening.
 
 
I apologise for the lateness of this post, we're already nearly into February, but I was having technical issues regarding the video...and I didn't want to leave it out :)
 
If any of you are in Madrid in December definitely make sure you take a ride on the Navibus! 


No comments:

Post a Comment