Saturday 30 April 2016

Spanish Architecture!

Things have been so busy here what with coursework and writing my dissertation that I haven't posted on madridadrift for over a month! So this is just a quick roundup of all the fantastic architecture I saw over my year abroad:

Córdoba

Roman ruins, shady streets, flowers galore and the fantastic Mezquita; a mix of Moorish and Christian styles and stripey columns!



 
 


 


 
El Palacio de Madrid
 



Granada

The impressive Alhambra, colourful markets, mosaics and more!

 
 







Toledo

Silver swords and marzipan, fairytale castles, twisting alleyways and golden churches...


 




Segovia

An awe-inspiring aqueduct and gothic cathedral


 

Sevilla

The Plaza de España at sunset, a romantic alcázar and purple bougainvillea tumbling from rooftops...

 
 
 
 


This is just a taste of the gorgeous buildings I saw while on my year abroad. The sheer range of styles is incredible and proof of what a varied and interesting country Spain is. Where's your favourite spot in Spain?

No comments:

Post a Comment