Friday 23 September 2016

Lolo - The Best Ice Lollies in the World!

Sitting in the autumn sunshine in our garden here in the UK had me reminiscing about what an incredible summer it's been...and I suddenly remembered I forgot to tell you all about a great little discovery I made in Madrid! So in a change from the scheduled post on Cuba (coming soon!) I'm dedicating this post to Lolo - the best ice lolly shop in the world.

On our post-exam getaway Annie, Cat and I discovered this gem of a shop on a stroll through Malasaña. The ice lollies (or polos in Spanish) are all entirely natural, made of real fruit and fruit juices and without a preservative or flavouring in sight. And what flavours! Paraguaya (peach) and rose, raspberry and hibiscus tea, mango yoghurt and cardamom, cucumber and violet, lemon tart - the list is never ending.




 

 

As we enjoy the last of this year's warmer weather in England I'm sure the days are still bright enough and the nights still hot enough for a cheeky ice lolly or two in Madrid. With stores open til 1 in the morning Lolo's will be ready whenever you are!

Lolo's can be found in Malasaña in C/ Espíritu Santo, 16 and they also now have a stall at the Mercado de San Antón

No comments:

Post a Comment