Sunday 22 March 2015

Parrots in the Park!

The Wednesday before last was beautifully sunny and warm so I decided to head to Retiro to take some photos and enjoy the weather. Unfortunately after a whole day's use in Toledo my camera decided to run out of charge within about 10 minutes of arriving but I still managed to get some shots of the cerezos in flower and their resident parrots - enjoy!


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
These birds aren't in captivity but living wild throughout Madrid and most of Spain too I think as I once saw some in Barcelona when I was there years ago. They certainly are beautiful but they don't half make a racket squawking and flapping about in the trees. They didn't seem to be eating the flowers they pecked off either; just ripping them apart and dropping them on the grass - little vandals!
 


2 comments:

  1. Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that I'm interested in, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.
    Honorarios detectives privados

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your post. I’ve been thinking about writing a very comparable post over the last couple of weeks, I’ll probably keep it short and sweet and link to this instead if thats cool. Thanks. African grey parrots for sale

    ReplyDelete