Saturday 8 November 2014

Lolina Vintage Café

Lolina Vintage Café is included in my Lonely Planet guidebook so it's not as though no one knows it's there. I just thought I'd include it in a post because it's every bit as good as they say it is.

My friend from Southampton, Darina, and I planned to meet up for coffee on Tuesday. She's been here for about double the time I have but hadn't got round to visiting Malasaña/Chueca yet so we hopped on the Metro and set off. The Café is actually in Chueca right opposite my favourite book/gift shop Las Tres Rosas Amarillas (which I'll definitely have to do a post about in the future).


It's really cosy and warm inside with squishy chairs and crazily patterned wallpaper (apologies for the quality of the picture, I left my snazzy camera at home). The drinks on offer vary from the usual coffee and hot chocolate to cocktails and smoothies. There's a whole other floor downstairs with even more comfy corners to curl up in and the music was excellent; all 1950s rock and roll mixed with 40s swing band. It's a great place for a drink and a chat with friends or even a study sesh - a couple of people were obviously working on laptops. Plus if you're craving caffeine but are worried it's too late in the day then worry no more -Lolina's is open til 2.30am everyday of the week!

Lolina Vintage Café is located at Calle Del Espiritu Santo, 9. The nearest Metro stop is Tribunal.


No comments:

Post a Comment