Sunday 19 October 2014

My Street - Paseo De La Habana

I've been here a few days now and I thought I'd go on a little photography spree in the local area just to show you what it's like where I live. My street, Paseo de la Habana, is in an area a little to the north of the city centre called El Viso. It's a very built up area but still manages to be quite open and green.




We're right next to the world famous football stadium Santiago Bernabéu which is also what my nearest Metro station is called.




Santiago Bernabéu is on metro line number 10 and it's only 4-5 stops right into the centre of Madrid. It takes as little as 20 minutes to get to Gran Vía.

Paseo de la Habana runs into Paseo de la Castellana which seems to be the main roadway from the centre and is packed with traffic. You can catch the bus from the opposite side of the road to the metro station and it's a straight run into town. Paseo de la Castellana is lined with huge business towers and offices:




This area is really great to live in as it's so easy to get into town and yet is quite quiet and full of supermarkets and cafés. I'm going to catch the bus for the first few days to get to work in the Museo Sorolla but I'm hoping to get a flat that's a little closer in the Chamberí area for the rest of my time here.





No comments:

Post a Comment